Why use ethylene absorber?
- Fresh Vegetables, Fruits & Flowers start to ripen after harvesting and during the ripening process release ethylene gas and water vapor. This ethylene gas when in the package increases the ripening rate of the fresh produce hence aggravating the ripening process resulting into faster rotting of the fresh produce.
- The ethylene gas and water vapor produced work as catalyst to the ripening process which in turn causes faster spoilage and microbial damage.
- It is the most effective way to inhibit weight loss, quality and shelf life, Sachets are filled with a special composition mixture of zeolite granular and potassium permanganate that causes ethylene & moisture absorption and simultaneously causing volatile bacterial inhibition (VBI). Ethylene causes shattering, deterioration and ripening on the other hand excess moisture is likely to speed up decay and the development of mould and fungus either during the storage/transportation period or after removal from the packaging.
- It can be easily placed with fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers. The sachets work in a multiple ways to protect and extend shelf life of fresh produce.
- It contains ethylene absorbs in a breathable tyvek (1way, water proof ).
• How It Works :
1. Absorption of Ethylene – The ethylene produced by the fresh produce is absorbed by the special minerals in the sachet that selectively absorb ethylene molecules.
2. Oxidation of Ethylene – The Ethylene is attracted towards the media in the sachet and gets oxidized to water and carbon dioxide.
3. Absorption of moisture – The excessive moisture produced within the package is also absorbed which in turn inhibits microbial growth within the package.
4. The option of having a Natural Vaporising Bio Inhibitor is available with these sachets. The active ingredient is a natural plant extract, which has the capability to inhibit microbial growth in its presence.
Weight : See on the cart on sticker.
Application : Absortion of ethylene gas, Moisture, Oxidation of ethylene.
(use for fruit product including apple, kiwis, mango, banana, guava, onion citrus, Pine and flowers etc.)
Storages : Store in a cool and dry place.
Quantification : Use 1 unit of Secco ethylene 5gr sachet for 3-5kg of fruits / flowers.
ETHYLENE CONTROL - APPLICATIONS
The three main applications where Ethylene
Control is required are:
• Controlled atmosphere storage.
• Fruit/vegetables ripening rooms, and
• Shipping of produce and horticulture products.
Usage instructions :
1. Ethylene absorber sachets usage and the fruit and vegetable types and storage time on.
2. Place the Ethylene Absorber Sachets on top of fruits and vegetables, air circulation, seal the box.
3. Containers, cold storage (refrigeratory): the use of wave ethylene absorber sachets, hanging in the library circulation of air or air outlet.
Usually, the fruits and vegetables refrigerated container (20 foot container) with 2-3kg ethylene bsorber sachets with hanger.