ABOUT OUR SECCO ACTIVATED ALUMINA
Activated alumina is an aluminum oxide bead with an extremely porous structure and high surface area-to-mass ratio. Activated alumina has a wide variety of applications, including compressed air and gas drying.
In compressed air and gas drying applications, activated alumina will achieve dew points -40°F to -100°F, depending on the dryer design.
In compressed air desiccant dryers, a 1/8" (2-5 mm) activated alumina bead is most commonly used. The ¼" (5-10 mm) activated alumina bead is typically used as a pre-bed for supporting large desiccant beds or as a buffer for silica gel beds. The 3/16" (5-10 mm) bead is used when pressure drop and surface area requirements fall between the 1/8" and ¼" material.
Features and Benefits
- High adsorption capacity for reducing initial cost, energy consumption, and operating costs
- Low abrasion for ensuring minimal dusting and a low pressure drop
- Resistant to liquid water slugging resulting from the failure of up stream after-coolers, separators, or drain traps. The adsorption capacity of the desiccant can be restored after complete regeneration.
- High crush strength for limiting dusting during loading of desiccant into dryer towers
- Uniform bead size minimizes pressure drop, channeling, and ensures utilization of the full desiccant bed
- In regenerative drying systems, Van Air activated alumina beds are sized for a service life of 2-5 years
1. Role of Activated Alumina in Bio pharmaceutical Industries
2. Activated Alumina As Effective Water Filters
3. Activated Alumina Balls - One and Only One Remedy for Solving Moisture Prolems
4. Activated Alumina Balls - An Effective Desiccant with High Absorbing Capacity
5. Gas Drying Activated Alumina is the Ultimate Industrial Gas Purifier
6. Prevent the Valnerability from Moisture and Humidity with Activated Alumina Balls
7. Activated Alumina - a smart and effective option for industrial air drying
8. Activated Alumina - An effective and improved desiccant for manufacturing industry
Available in :
- Bead form in 2-5mm size
Used For :
- Drying of organic liquids like LPG, Flurohydrocarbons, Gasoline.
- Drying and purification of air and gases like NLG, LNG.
- Drying of Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Oxygen.
- Carbon di oxide removal from air.
- Polymer purification, etc.
Activated Alumina is manufactured from aluminium hydroxide in a way that it produces a highly porous material which can have a surface area significantly over 200 square metres/g. The compound is used as a desiccant (to keep things dry by absorbing water from the air) and as a filter of fluoride, arsenic and selenium in drinking water. It has a very high surface-area-to-weight ratio which means it has a lot of very small pores, almost like tunnels, that run throughout it.
Activated Alumina is resistant to thermal stock and abrasion and will not shrink, swell, soften nor disintegrate when immersed in water. With new technology, we can now remove a variety of contaminants from styrene, polyethylene, ethylene, light hydrocarbons and air. Aluminas are very non reactive adsorbents giving off low heats of adsorption.
Available In :
Used For :