SECCO CALCIUM HYPOCHLORITE 70%
Product name: Calcium Hypochlorite (Bleaching Powder)
Form: Powder from
CAS No.: 7778-54-3
Molecular Weight: 142.98
Molecular Formula: Ca(ClO)2
Appearance: White Powder.
PACKAGE:Calcium Hypochlorite is packed in 10kgs, 25kgs, 40kgs, 45kgs, 50kgs plastic drums.
Calcium Hypochlorite system products can be widely used as bleaching agent in paper pulp,wood pulp, cotton, hemp, silk, cloth, textile and chemical fibers, as bactericide in drinking water,as bactericide and algaecide in swimming pool water,as cleaning agent of fruits and vegetables,as bactericide in epidemic area, as bactericide in fishing ponds, as bactericide & stinking odor removing agent in livestock places, used in disinfection of hotel, hospital, bath room,used in the anti-shrinkage treatment of wool,used as chlorating agent of rubbers and it is produced as water treatment agent in wasted water containing pressing from gold mine and chemical industry production.
Timing The Shocking
What determines "regular" will depend on a number of swimmers using the pool and the temperature of the pool water. The best
indicator is to monitor the results of home chlorine tests; when the test results show that combined available chlorine and free
available chlorine are below their recommended ranges, then it's time to shock the pool.
Some pool experts recommend shocking pools once a week, or more frequently, if the pool is used heavily, after large amounts of
rain, or during extended periods of hot, sunny weather.
Mixing Chlorine Powder With Water
1. Put on goggles and gloves.
2. Fill the bucket half full of warm water. You can use the pool water. Add 200gr - 300gr powder calcium hypochlorine dissolve in 10Lit - 20Lit water bucket. Depending on the size of your pool (200gram - 300gram powder is dissolved in 10.000Lit of water treatment). Then Water can reach 2ppm-3ppm.
3. Stir the powder chlorine and water. Use a wooden stick. You can use a plastic stick or spoon, but the chlorine will bleach it. Do not breathe in chlorine vapors.
4. Turn on the pump. You want the pump to circulate the chlorine so it doesn’t settle to the bottom of the pool. Take off the skimmer cover and slowly pour the solution into the skimmer.
Pour it in slowly so the solution doesn't splash on you or on the pool tile.
5. Replace the cover. Let the pool circulate for one to two hours before swimming. This gives the chlorine time to disperse.
Things You Will Need
Goggles, Gloves, Bucket, Warm water, Granular chlorine, Wooden stick.
Do not breathe in the vapors from the chlorine. Chlorine gives off vapors that can irritate the eyes and the skin.
If you get chlorine in your eyes, immediately flush out the eyes. If you get it on your skin, immediately wash it off. Avoid adding chlorine on windy days.
Adding Chlorine Powder Directly Into the Skimmer
1. Turn on the pump. Give it a few
minutes to circulate and blow out the air that might be in the lines.
2. Put on goggles and gloves. Even though you are not mixing the powder chlorine with water, it can irritate skin and eyes.
3. Take off the skimmer cover. Open the container of chlorine and scoop out the powder . Manufacturers supply either a scoop or measuring cup.
4. Pour the chlorine into the skimmer, reaching down into the skimmer as you pour. Do this slowly so it doesn't spill onto the pool tile.
5. Replace the skimmer cover. Let the pool run for one to two hours before swimming.